FITstep™ Pro Uploadable Pedometers
Our first and best pedometer for activity tracking to feature an uploadable data function is still a PE favorite!
Pedometers provide teachers and students with immediate, concrete feedback about their physical activity level, and our first uploadable pedometer paved the way for quick and easy MVPA tracking by eliminating manual data tracking and organization! Students get active, then open the pedometer, set it into the data reader’s dock, press down, and in less than 2 seconds the data uploads! FITstep™ stands for Frequency, Intensity, Time—all important factors in measuring a student’s activity!
Here are some quick pieces of information about the pedometer’s functionality:
- Its uploadable functionality eliminates manual data collection and organization, saving time and stress.
- It records data at almost any angle, versus others on the market that need to stay at an ideal spot to record steps. This provides more complete and accurate data, even when a student’s pedometer isn’t exactly aligned on his or her waistband.
- FITstep™ Pro measures:
- Calibrates steps per minute (SPM) from 80 to 160.
- Activity Time
- MVPA (moderate to vigorous physical activity).
- This tracks a person’s elevated heart rate for a sustained period of time. Engaging students in MVPA prepares them to lead physically-active lives and improves overall health and academic performance.
- An easy-to-read MVPA graph gives students instant feedback when using it so they do not have to do any math or estimation.
- Specifically designed for PE, our FITstep™ software organizes data into printable reports. Recent updates include more efficient sorting and filtering functions, a new Quick Summary report for a concise snapshot review of student performance, and additional customization.
- FITstep™ Pro helps fulfill SHAPE America’s guideline of at least 60 minutes of physical activity per day.
- A solid plastic casing protects the screen and parts if and when it’s dropped during use or transport.
- An alligator hip clip easily clips on to the user’s shorts or pants at the waist.
- A storage case and pack allows you to easily pack up after class and store them away.
- A large LCD display can be opened and read while being used. There’s no need to remove the pedometer to read the screen.
- A longer battery life eliminates the hassle of routine replacement, and the indicator light informs users when the battery is low.
- A Pedometer Power book explains the benefits of using pedometers in life and in class, emphasizing the establishment of healthy habits students can carry into adulthood. It explains the positioning of the pedometer, how to break down the data, and how to motivate students using the numbers.
- Learn even more by viewing our training video and software manual below!
Multiple Pack Options
FITstep™ Pro can be purchased individually or in convenient packs for classes of all sizes. The smaller 15-pack is great for single classes, while the 100-pack is ideal for schools or districts.
FITstep™ Pro Uploadable Pedometer Options
FITstep™ Pro Uploadable Pedometers are available in several packs or individually. Data reader with software and replacement batteries also available separately.
- Pedometer Packs. Include pedometers, data reader with software, and storage boxes.
- Pack of 15
- Pack of 30
- Pack of 100
- Individual FITstep™ Pro Pedometer
- Data Reader with Software
- Replacement Batteries