FITstep™ Pro Uploadable Pedometers
Our best pedometer for activity tracking now features an uploadable data function for easy data transfer!
Pedometers provide teachers and students with immediate, concrete feedback about their physical activity level, and our first uploadable pedometer has paved the way for quick and easy tracking by eliminating the need to manually track data! FITstep™ stands for Frequency, Intensity, Time—all important factors in measuring a student’s activity levels – and our FITstep pedometers accurately tracks the three most important activity measurements – steps, activity time and MVPA (Moderate to Physical Activity). Simply wear the pedometer while being active, then set the pedometer it into the data reader’s dock, press down, and in less than 2 seconds all activity data is uploaded to custom software! No more clipboards and pencils, forgotten data, or wasted time manually transferring collected data!
Here are some quick pieces of information about the pedometer’s functionality:
- Its uploadable functionality eliminates manual data collection and organization, saving time and stress.
- It records data at almost any angle, versus others on the market that need to stay at an ideal spot to record steps. This provides more complete and accurate data, even when a student’s pedometer isn’t exactly aligned on his or her waistband.
- FITstep™ Pro measures:
- Calibrates steps per minute (SPM) from 80 to 160.
- Activity Time
- MVPA (moderate to vigorous physical activity).
- This tracks a person’s elevated heart rate for a sustained period of time. Engaging students in MVPA prepares them to lead physically-active lives and improves overall health and academic performance.
- An easy-to-read MVPA graph gives students instant feedback when using it so they do not have to do any math or estimation.
- Specifically designed for PE, our FITstep™ software organizes data into printable reports. Recent updates include more efficient sorting and filtering functions, a new Quick Summary report for a concise snapshot review of student performance, and additional customization.
- FITstep™ Pro helps fulfill SHAPE America’s guideline of at least 60 minutes of physical activity per day.
- A solid plastic casing protects the screen and parts if and when it’s dropped during use or transport.
- An alligator hip clip easily clips on to the user’s shorts or pants at the waist.
- A storage case and pack allows you to easily pack up after class and store them away.
- A large LCD display can be opened and read while being used. There’s no need to remove the pedometer to read the screen.
- A longer battery life eliminates the hassle of routine replacement, and the indicator light informs users when the battery is low.
- A Pedometer Power book explains the benefits of using pedometers in life and in class, emphasizing the establishment of healthy habits students can carry into adulthood. It explains the positioning of the pedometer, how to break down the data, and how to motivate students using the numbers.
- Learn even more by viewing our training video and software manual below!
FITstep™ Pro can be purchased individually or in convenient packs for classes or groups of all sizes. The 15-pack is great for smaller groups, the 30-pack is ideal for a single class, and the 100-pack is ideal for schools, districts, or businesses looking to encourage healthy habits. Pedometer Packs include pedometers, data reader with software, and storage boxes. Software is free to download HERE and compatible with either Mac or PC. Data reader also sold separately.
Available FITstep Pro Products: Individual Pedometer, 15-pack, 30-pack, 100-pack, Data Reader with Software, Replacement BatteriesWhich pedometer is right for me?