Ready, Set, Go: Your Top 10 Back-to-School Keys to Success
It’s that time of year again-- put away the flip-flops and get out those tennies.
How and what we plan in these last few weeks before the start up of school will determine the success of your program. Being organized now will help ensure success later.
Top 10 Back-to-School Keys to Success:
- Create your semester outline
- Develop your student calendar
- Write your daily lesson plans
2. Create Your Course Syllabus
- Expectations/Rules and consequences signs
- Dress and grading plan
3. Compose Your Letter to Parents
- What to expect from your PE program
- Dress and grading requirements
- Welcome parents to visit
- Update your school website
4. Bulletin Boards
- Welcome back; Health and Fitness tips; Safety; School Pride, etc.
- Make them colorful and inviting – ask students to read them
5. Music Preparation
- Stay current; avoid inappropriate language
- Organize your mp3 playlists
6. Equipment Room
- Clean and organize
- Assure equipment is in working condition
7. Prepare Your Grade Book
8. Purchase Orders for Equipment and Supplies
- Check school budget and ordering policies for the year
- Make sure you have the essentials! (Whistle, Passes, Pens/Pencils, First Aid Supplies)
9. Facility Sharing
- Know who is where and when... this also applies to equipment
10. Emergency Plan
- Know the school first aid policy
- Establish your first contact for help
- Use walkie-talkies and/or cell phones
Check out the Gopher PE Blog more tips, ideas and trends!
View more blogs by Maria!