Planet Health Nutrition and Physical Activity Curriculum
Interdisciplinary curriculum designed to teach middle school students the importance of nutrition and physical activity.
This innovative program addresses nutrition and physical activity within language, math, science, and more. It includes multimedia supplements.
Innovative Teaching Approach
You can use this proven, evidence-based curriculum to teach students about nutrition and physical activity while helping them build skills and competencies in language arts, math, science, social studies, and physical education. The curriculum is designed for use by teachers in core academic areas, as well as in physical education and health.
Variety of Teaching Tools
This latest edition includes revised nutrition and physical activity information, ensuring you’re equipped with the most up-to-date science. The book also includes a brand new CD-ROM with plenty of reproducible worksheets, parent information and newsletters, school health resources, and other teacher resource materials, including:
- 35 complete, ready-to use lesson plans
- 31 micro-units that promote healthy nutrition and activity
- Materials and instructions to implement Power Down, a two-week campaign to reduce television and other media viewing time
- FitCheck, a self-assessment tool to help students track and improve their activity levels
- Access to www.planet-health.org, which features a teacher training PowerPoint presentation, a planet health FAQ and more!
Three Detailed Sections
The curriculum features 3 sections:
- Section One: Implementing Planet Health Into Your School
- Section Two: Classroom Lessons: Introductory Classes for Students, Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies
- Section Three: Physical Education Micro-Units: Introducing Exercise and Fitness, FitCheck, Getting Started, Improving Fitness, Measuring Fitness, Be Active Now, Get Ready to Exercise, Fitness is Fun