Brockport Physical Fitness Test Manual
The most complete and up-to-date guide for fitness testing students with disabilities.
This manual provides conceptual framework for administering fitness assessments to students with physical and intellectual disabilities, with disability-specific instruction. It includes a BMI chart, body composition and conversion charts, and guidelines for purchasing and constructing unique testing supplies. All activities are compatible with industry-wide fitness assessment programs.
Plenty of Resources
The latest edition of this book helps teachers understand the conceptual framework for testing and how to administer tests to students with certain disabilities.
Not only does this book include plenty of resource for physical testing of students with disabilities, but it also contains plenty of online resources that provide teachers with helpful charts, forms, and test score calculators. Online video clips help demonstrate the tests, which make it easy and convenient to implement in your program.
This book features 6 chapters and a variety of helpful resources in the appendices.
- Use of the Term Healthy Fitness Zone
- How to Use the Web Resource
- Chapter 1. Introduction to the Brockport Physical Fitness Test
- Chapter 2. The Conceptual Framework
- Chapter 3. Using the Brockport Physical Fitness Test
- Chapter 4. Profiles, Test Selection Guides, Standards, and Fitness Zones
- Chapter 5. Test Administration and Test Items
- Chapter 6. Testing Youngsters With Severe Disabilities
- Appendix A Body Mass Index (BMI) Chart
- Appendix B Purchasing and Constructing Unique Testing Supplies
- Appendix C FitnessGram® Body Composition Conversion Chart
- Appendix D PACER Conversion Chart
- Appendix E Data Forms
- Appendix F Frequently Asked Questions
- Appendix G Teacher and Parent Overview
- References and Resources
- About the Authors
Book is 160 pages.