Make every class cause for celebration!
Celebrate holidays throughout the year with fun activities that encourage students to get up and move, while also learning more about the significance of each special day. This book outlines all of the major holidays throughout the year and presents 68 physical fitness activities, games, dances, and other curriculum additions that offer a fun tie-in to different seasonal focuses.
Activities All Year Long
With each of the 4 seasons comes the ability to focus on the themes and holidays within those seasons. Often, tying these special events into student curricula yields higher engagement, better retention, and a greater depth of fun on the part of students. PE teachers can now leverage these same benefits by introducing their students to 68 activities, each with a specific focus on a seasonal theme or holiday event.
PE teachers will love the ability to teach students the history, significance, uniqueness, and importance of holidays, while also keeping them moving around to satisfy their daily fitness requirements. And, because these seasonal games for kids utilize common equipment items, teachers only need to use what’s on hand when setting up these exciting games. Minimal equipment and better student engagement in a themed game results in a better understanding of the information being conveyed in the core objective of each game!
This book is split into 8 chapters, focusing on holiday-themed games throughout the year.
- Chapter 1. August and September: Back to School
- Chapter 2. October: Halloween
- Chapter 3. November: Thanksgiving
- Chapter 4. December and January: Winter, Christmas, Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, and Chinese New Year
- Chapter 5. February: Valentine’s Day, Presidents’ Day, Groundhog Day, and Black History Month
- Chapter 6. March: St. Patrick’s Day
- Chapter 7. April: Spring and Easter
- Chapter 8. May, June, and July: Cinco de Mayo and Summer Fun
Book is 184 pages.