Instructing Hatha Yoga
Learn the key components needed to become a capable, competent instructor of one of the fastest-growing activities in the world.
These detailed instructions for 69 asanas (postures) with 300 photos and verbal/visual cues allow anyone to become an effective yoga teacher with a Hatha Yoga book as a guide. Proper alignment, modifications for each posture, charts to identify engaged muscles and kinematics, plus a DVD showing accurate positions are all included.
Build Instructor Confidence
This comprehensive guide to developing the knowledge and qualities of a confident and qualified yoga instructor is a welcome resource for any PE or yoga teacher. The updated edition includes revised poses complete with instructions, a web resource, and sample children’s and prenatal classes.
With more than 300 photos and verbal/visual cues, you will have everything you need to effectively teach basic yoga poses and positions to your class.
The book contains 13 chapters in 3 sections.
- Part I The Practice of Yoga
- Chapter 1 Understanding Yoga
- Chapter 2 Basics of Teaching Yoga
- Chapter 3 Creating a Class Environment
- Chapter 4 Breathing and Beyond
- Chapter 5 Energy and Anatomy
- Part II Asanas and Adjustments
- Chapter 6 Sun Salutations
- Chapter 7 Standing Postures
- Chapter 8 Seated Postures
- Chapter 9 Supine and Prone Postures
- Chapter 10 Inverted Postures
- Chapter 11 Restorative Postures
- Part 3 Structuring a Class
- Chapter 12 Class Framework
- Chapter 13 Sample Classes
- Appendix A Sample Relaxation Scripts
- Appendix B Yoga Resources
- Appendix C Self-Inquiry Questionnaire
- Appendix D Yoga Class Evaluation Form
- Appendix E Sample Classical-Eclectic Hatha Course Syllabus
- Appendix F Chapter Review Answers
- Appendix G Anatomical Illustrations
- About the Authors
Book is 360 pages.