Teaching Healthy Lifestyles in Middle School PE
Ensure your PE lessons turn into a lasting healthy lifestyle.
Complement any middle school PE curriculum with this simple, high-quality book to transform your students’ lifestyles. The book provides tips, ideas, and strategies to add zest to your lessons. A section on building a staff wellness program is also included.
This text contains a variety of strategies for helping to build a program that promotes healthy, lasting lifestyle changes in your students. Included are plenty of unit plans and ideas to spice up your lessons and include more wellness and lifestyle content. You will also benefit from guidance in building a staff wellness program and after-school and summer programs for students, as well as ways to get more support from parents for your program.
The book contains 7 chapters about a variety of topics:
- Chapter 1 Getting Started
- It’s all about the PATH!
- Chapter 2 Beyond Dressing Out
- Use authentic assessment to find out how healthy your students are (or aren’t)!
- Chapter 3 Unit Plans for a Lifetime
- Moving beyond sport leads to motivated lifetime movers!
- Chapter 4 Fitness Warm-Ups
- Use the five components of fitness to plan fun warm-up activities that build your students’ bodies and minds!
- Chapter 5 Using Heart Rate Monitors and Pedometers
- Simple, inexpensive technologies can provide images of a healthy lifestyle!
- Chapter 6 Staff Wellness
- Follow the PATHway to a successful wellness program!
- Chapter 7 After-School and Summer Programs
- Promoting a healthy lifestyle beyond the classroom!
- About the Author
Book is 144 pages.