Training For Speed, Agility, and Quickness
Get faster and stronger with over 200 exercises and drills, written by top conditioning experts.
Expert sport and conditioning specialists present 262 drills and proven assessment for athletes and coaches. A sample training program is included to provide a proven sample that can easily be modified for your class or team.
A Wide Variety of Exercises
There is a reason this book has become known as the ultimate training resource for athletes and coaches. With more than 262 exercises and drills, programming, and exclusive access to an online video library, this book and pack has everything you need to enhance the speed and quickness of athletes and students. Included are assessments that help provide parameters for individual programs and sport-specific training for football, rugby, basketball, combat sports, track and field, soccer, lacrosse, tennis, racquetball, and more.
The book is divided into 2 parts, and contains 16 total chapters.
- Part I Training Essentials
- Chapter 1 How the Training Works
- Chapter 2 Athlete Assessment
- Chapter 3 Incorporating Mental Training
- Chapter 4 Speed Training
- Chapter 5 Agility Training
- Chapter 6 Quickness and Reaction Time Training
- Part II Training Programs
- Chapter 7 Developing a Customized Program
- Chapter 8 Baseball and Softball
- Chapter 9 Football and Rugby
- Chapter 10 Basketball and Netball
- Chapter 11 Combat Sports
- Chapter 12 Track and Field
- Chapter 13 Soccer
- Chapter 14 Lacrosse
- Chapter 15 Tennis and Badminton
- Chapter 16 Racquetball and Squash
Please note: This is not an official book from SAQ™ INTERNATIONAL. For details of books including ‘SAQ™ Soccer’, and SAQ™ Rugby’ and official SAQ™ Resources visit www.saqinternational.com.