Understand the importance of technique, weight loads, reps, and even healthy eating.
Take a progressive and safe approach to improve muscle endurance and strength in the school setting with more than 30 core, upper-, and lower-body exercises that are explained by experts and demonstrated through full-color photos. Follow step-by-step directions to calculate safe training loads and customize a training program that fits your goals and preferences.
Lift Smarter, Not Harder
Technique is critical in weight training. The last thing you want is to have students suffer serious injuries because they are either lifting improperly or are attempting to lift too much weight. This text provides proper instruction for technique, weight loads, and reps, so you and your students can lift more effectively.
The book contains 14 chapters.
- STEP 1: Learning about Equipment and Its Proper Use
- STEP 2: Mastering Stretching, Lifting, and Spotting Skills
- STEP 3: Learning How to Select Exercises and Training Loads
- STEP 4: Selecting Chest Exercises and Training Loads
- STEP 5: Selecting Back Exercises and Training Loads
- STEP 6: Selecting Shoulder Exercises and Training Loads
- STEP 7: Selecting Upper Arm Exercises and Training Loads
- STEP 8: Selecting Leg Exercises and Training Loads
- STEP 9: Selecting Core Exercises and Training Loads
- STEP 10: Selecting Total-Body Exercises and Training Loads
- STEP 11: Completing Your First Workout
- STEP 12: Applying Program Design Principles
- STEP 13: Learning How to Manipulate Training Variables to Maximize Results
- STEP 14: Designing Your Own Program
Book is 240 pages.