Introductory-level institutional strength table.
- 3/4" wood composition top on Indoor Table; moisture-resistant 1/4" synthetic laminate top on Outdoor Table; both have scratch/fade-resistant, nonreflective surface
- 1-1/2" steel edge banding
- Steel frame with powder-coat finish and built-in storage rack for paddles and balls (accessories not included)
- 1" sq heavy-gauge steel legs, indented for safety; four 5" high-impact resin dual-wheel casters
- Dual safety locking devices
- Indoor use only
- Folds for playback or storage without removing net set
- Assembly required
- 9'L x 60"W x 30"H; 180 lb
- Truck delivery
- Top: Simply put, the thicker the top, the better the bounce. Butterfly indoor wood tops are made of compressed particle board while the outdoor tops are comprised of a synthetic laminate made of melamine. A wood top that is at least 1/2" thick is suitable for home or recreational play. Many institutional tables are 5/8" to 3/4" thick. Almost all international quality tables are a minimum of 7/8" to 1" thick.
- Rail: A heavy gauge steel rail will reinforce the structure of the table and provide additional support. It also serves a cosmetic purpose, adding to the beauty of your table.
- Legs: Heavy gauge steel legs provide a solid foundation for your table. Round legs are sufficient, but square legs are more structurally sound.
- Wheels: All Butterfly tables have wheels that caster so your table will roll easily. Most Institutional and International level tables offer a rubber ball bearing wheel system, providing for the smoothest rolling possible.
- Net: Butterfly tables come with a net set. The Institutional and International level models are equipped with a higher quality cloth net which clamps directly to the table and features heavy duty brackets with padded clamps that help protect the surface of the table. These nets also orrder a dural precision height adjuster.
- Playback Position: Most models allow you to fold up one half of the table and use it as a backboard. This will quicken reflexes and sharpen hand-eye coordination. A great feature for the kids.
- Adjustable Feet: Many of the Institutional and International level tables have adjustable feet. This will ensure that the table is level, even when the floor is not.
- Accessory Holder: Some models feature a convenient accessory holder that is integrated into the frame of the table. It will accommodate multiple rackets and balls. This system also allows the net to remain attached to the table during play as well as in the storage position.
Which table tennis table is right for me?
Consider the following when deciding which table is right for you:
All tables will fit through a conventional doorway. Tables fold for storage and single-person play (playback). Two-piece tables offer more compact storage, while one-piece tables are easier-to-move.
Thicker tabletops generally resist damage and warping better. Aluminum surfaces weather moisture and humidity better than wood-composites. Laminated-wood-composition tops are used in tournament-quality tables.
|Legs and Frame|
Larger-diameter legs and frame make a table extra sturdy.
Larger-diameter wheels generally roll more easily. Metal casters with ball-bearing swivels are highly durable.
|Table Apron and Edge Banding|
Thick frame rails and support plates provide essential support for institutional use. The thicker the banding the more durable the table.