Students will find this fitness-inspired card game oh so neat-o!
Get your students up and moving with a number of different fitness exercises in this action-packed card game! Fit-Nito™ makes for a perfect P.E. warm up exercise that can be quickly played before moving on to other activities.
In Race to the Finish Fit-Nito™, each team is dealt an equal amount of 8-1/2" x 11" cards that are placed face down. At the signal, the first card is flipped and teams perform the exercise displayed on the card. Once completed, players run the card to the center discard pile, run back, and another is turned over. Be sure to watch for non-exercise cards! Hop, Take, U-Turn, and Free cards feature different instructions.
- Hop: Team may skip performing an exercise.
- Take 2: Team must draw an additional 2 cards from the center.
- U-Turn: Team can give this card to a another team. Receiving team draws 2 additional cards from the center.
- Free: Team gets to choose the exercise they perform (10 reps or a 10 count).
- Free Take 4: Team gets to choose the exercise they perform (10 reps or a 10 count) while giving the card to another team. Receiving team draws an additional 4 cards.
The team to run out of cards first, or the team with the least amount left at the end of the game wins!
Cards are colored by exercise and feature a durable synthetic coating to prevent wear and tear. Large words and graphics can easily be seen by the entire team without huddling around each card.
Set includes 104 cards, a custom storage box, and activity instructions with multiple activity ideas and variations.
One of the variations included is Fit-Nito™ Team Challenge. Teams pick up their cards without looking at them. Teachers flip the first card from the draw pile and choose a team to go first. The team looks at its cards and performs the exercise on its card to discard the card. After they discard their card, it is the next team’s turn. If the team does not have a card that matches the color, they draw an additional card. The team performs 10 pushups after drawing a card before letting the other team go. When a team has only one card left, they shout "fit-nito" - if they forget and another team calls this out, they must draw 2 cards. The first team to discard all of their cards wins.