Un-Manila Indoor Climbing Ropes
Choosing the right rope is easy! Follow these steps:
Un-Manila. The look and feel of manila, with superior strength at two-thirds the weight. Rot/mildew resistent polypropylene won't splinter. 1-1/2" (4 cm) dia.
Choosing a rope:
Step 1: Choose the knots, if any. Knot options encourage success for younger climbers.
- No Knots. Traditional rope with no knots is a good choice for older ages, but for elementary students you may want to consider another option.
- Rest Grip Knots. Woven and spliced into the rope at 18" (46 cm) intervals to provide a better grip when ascending the rope, rest areas when descending.
- Beginner Knots. Large knots tied in the rope itself that form platforms every 18 inches (46 cm) for assistance.
Step 2: Choose the length. Measure floor-to-ceiling height and deduct 1 foot (1/2 m) to determine your required length.
Step 3: Choose the end style.
- Polyboot End. Nonraveling poly "boot" is permanently attached to rope-end.
- Turk's Head Knot End. A popular option that adds stability and comfort for the climber. Leather seat and large knot provide a sure starting point as a "platform" foot hold.
NOTE: Mats, spotting, and supervision required when climbing.