STX® Safari Field Hockey Set
Our strongest, best performing field hockey stick.
High-quality 36"L sticks feature mulberry wood wrapped in two layers of fiberglass for durability. Set includes 12 sticks and 12 game balls with NFHS Authenticating Mark.
Why play field hockey in PE?
Variations of field hockey have been played for over 4,000 years. Today, the sport is featured in international competition, including the Olympic Games. The global popularity speaks volumes of its appeal, but why incorporate it into your curriculum? Here are the main reasons:
1. Total Class Participation. Field hockey allows more players to get involved at once, with teams consisting of 11 players on the field at a time.
2. Nonstop Action. Field hockey has a large playing area, ensuring players will get a great cardio workout and keep their heart rates up.
3. Low-Contact Sport. Physical contact among players is discouraged in field hockey and will result in a penalty.
4. Player-Friendly Strategy. Player and ball contact is also limited—only the flat side of the stick is allowed to touch the ball, and only goalies are allowed to use their hands or feet.
5. It's Fun! Students at any skill level will enjoy learning to dribble, pass, and shoot in this high-paced game that keeps everyone active.