Nationwide, 80% of schools are required to offer physical activity beyond the traditional physical education class. Designed for the classroom setting, Brain Breaks make it easy to achieve this and incorporate more movement into the school day—no additional planning, prep work, or equipment required! Housed online, Brain Breaks offer hundreds of 2- to 5-minute activity videos with an expert instructor that guides students through engaging activity routines. Each focuses on increasing heart rate while developing balance, coordination, and motor skills. Research shows that brief activity breaks throughout the day not only have health benefits, but also improve focus, attitude, and behavior. This in turn leads to greater academic successes. Subscribe today and meet the need for more physical activity while priming students to be at their best! Additional information available below.
Brain Breaks Physical Activity Solutions
- Features over 200 videos with a wide variety of activities ranging from sports to yoga to cardio kickboxing and more
- Includes a 1-year subscription to all web-based activity videos
- Choose from a Single Classroom License, a School Pack of 15 Licenses, or a District Pack of 75 Licenses
What are Brain Breaks?
- 2- to 5-minute, web-based activity videos featuring routines designed for the classroom setting
- Activities range from yoga and Pilates, to sports and cardio kickboxing, and more—and require no planning or prep work, teachers simply press play and an expert instructor leads a quick and effective routine
- Students are on their feet and moving without even leaving their work area
- Routines incorporate balance, coordination, flexibility, and motor skills training
- Brain Breaks fulfill mandates for increased physical activity and nutrition education without compromising valuable instructional time
It is also the expert instructors that separate Brain Breaks from other programs:
- Learn basketball skills with Mike Penberthy, a shooting coach for NBA teams and former NBA player
- Olympian Annett Davis and Gold Medal winner Dain Blanton demonstrate proper volleyball technique
- Dr. Robert Pangrazi, Professor Emeritus at Arizona State University, provides activity samples from his Dynamic Physical Education curriculum.
- National Governing Bodies such as USA Cycling, USA Volleyball, and USA Rowing provide insight and direction on their respective sports
Why incorporate Brain Breaks into my daily routine?
For a growing mind... Physical activity is essential in the classroom and as part of the learning process.
- Physical activity in short bursts improves student focus, behavior, time on-task, attitude, attendance, and overall academic achievement
- After physical activity, the brain is more receptive to new information, and retention and concentration also improve
- Active bodies foster active minds!
For a healthy body... The emphasis on increasing student test scores is sometimes in conflict with the goal of increasing student physical activity. Brain Breaks offers a solution to accomplish both!
- Students spend a majority of their time in the classroom, making it the perfect setting to incorporate additional physical activity
- Brain Breaks activities appeal to students of all ages and fitness levels
- Expert-led activities are structured and sequential, with emphasis on proper form and progression
- Transitions back into schoolwork are smooth and simple
Help students' minds and bodies by making Brain Breaks a regular part of your school day!Why should I incorporate Exertainment into my program?
Why incorporate Brain Breaks® into my daily routine?