This innovative program addresses nutrition and physical activity within language, math, science, and more. It includes multimedia supplements.
Innovative Teaching Approach
Use this evidence-based curriculum to teach students about nutrition and physical activity, while also helping them build skills and competencies in language arts, math, science, social studies, and physical education.
The latest edition includes revised nutrition and physical activity information, ensuring teachers are equipped with the most up-to-date science. The book also includes a CD with reproducible worksheets, parent information and newsletters, school health resources, and other teacher resource materials including:
- 35 ready-to use lesson plans
- 31 micro-units that promote nutrition and activity
- Materials and instructions to implement a two-week campaign to reduce television and other media viewing time
- A self-assessment tool to help students track and improve their activity levels
Curriculum features 3 sections:
- Section One
- Implementing Planet Health Into Your School
- Section Two
- Classroom Lessons: Introductory Classes for Students, Language Arts, Math, Science, Social Studies
- Section Three
- Physical Education Micro-Units: Introducing Exercise and Fitness, FitCheck, Getting Started, Improving Fitness, Measuring Fitness, Be Active Now, Get Ready to Exercise, Fitness is Fun