Emphasizing skill building, fair play, responsibility, and staying active outside of class, this book provides you with everything you need to encourage a healthy lifestyle in your students. An online resource features plans, assessments, and handouts for teachers.
Teacher Resources Included
This second edition of the Complete Guide to Sport Education will help keep your students active. It provides theory and application for games, sports, and a wide variety of fitness activities. The included teacher resources, both in the book and online, make it significantly easier to prepare for, administer, and assess the program, all while your children are learning skills and information that will help them live healthier lifestyles outside of school.
This book features 12 chapters.
- Sport Education: Then and Now
- Chapter 1. Key Features of the Sport Education Model
- Chapter 2. Sport Education Curriculum and Instruction Strategies
- Chapter 3. Class Management and Behavior Development
- Chapter 4. Identifying and Selecting Season Outcomes
- Chapter 5. Designing Seasons to Accomplish Outcomes
- Chapter 6. Modifying Games and Activities
- Chapter 7. Designing Competition Formats
- Chapter 8. Defining Student Roles
- Chapter 9. Selecting Teams and Coaches
- Chapter 10. Making Sport Education Festive
- Chapter 11. Assessment in Sport Education
- Chapter 12. Integrating Academic Goals With Sport Education
- About the Authors
Book is 224 pages.