Incorporate Heart Rate Training
Heart Rate Training takes the guesswork out of training and explains how, when, and why heart rate monitors should be incorporated into training and conditioning programs. A comprehensive guide for endurance athletes, the book explains the merits, factors, and techniques of training with a heart rate monitoring system. The information found in this book helps athletes take their training and overall athletic performance to the next level in a healthy, sustainable way.
The book contains 16 chapters in 3 sections.
- Part I: Foundations
- Chapter 1: Monitoring for Maximum Performance
- Chapter 2: Evaluating and Customizing Your Zones
- Chapter 3: Getting the Most from Your Monitor
- Part II: Training
- Chapter 4: Targeting Sport-Specific Fitness With Heart Rate
- Chapter 5: Increasing Aerobic Endurance
- Chapter 6: Raising Anaerobic Threshold
- Chapter 7: Boosting Speed and Power
- Part III: Programs
- Chapter 8: Designing an Effective Training Program
- Chapter 9: Walking
- Chapter 10: Running
- Chapter 11: Cycling
- Chapter 12: Swimming
- Chapter 13: Triathlon
- Chapter 14: Rowing
- Chapter 15: Cross Country Skiing
- Chapter 16: Team Sports
Book is 224 pages.