Teach students the essentials of self-motivation, fitness knowledge, and sportsmanship, all the while tracking their progress in accordance with national, state, and district standards for physical education. This book helps teachers clearly communicate objectives to students and gives teachers the criteria to measure their adoption of core concepts.
Identify, Introduce, and Execute Assessments
Standards-based assessment is a pivotal way for measuring student adoption of core PE concepts. This book introduces teachers to the 6 central standards of physical education. It also spurs program development to meet physical education standards. The book provides teachers with evaluation tools needed to show that standards are being properly understood and adopted by students. Game-based assessments are fun and will yield tremendous insight into students' understanding of PE standards. Formative assessments are also available.
This 147-page book is broken into 3 sections, with 12 total chapters focusing on defining, projecting, and assessing core PE standards.
- Part I. Introduction to Standards-Based Assessment
- Chapter 1. Getting Started With Standards-Based Assessment
- Chapter 2. Power Standards
- Chapter 3. Standards-Based Assessment Strategies
- Part II. Using Power Standards
- Chapter 4. Power Standard 1: I Can Move Correctly
- Chapter 5. Power Standard 2: I Can Train Myself and Others
- Chapter 6. Power Standard 3: I Participate Regularly
- Chapter 7. Power Standard 4: I Am Fit
- Chapter 8. Power Standard 5: I Play Fairly
- Chapter 9. Power Standard 6: I Value PE, Fitness, and Health
- Part III. Getting More Out of Power Standards
- Chapter 10. Assessing Multiple Standards
- Chapter 11. Assessment on the Run
- Chapter 12. Differentiated Instruction