Teach physical education in a meaningful way, with comprehensive assessment tools that help increase student retention of critical topics and concepts. Teachers will find the resources they need to meet unique learning styles. They will also be able to assess each student’s ability to internalize topics through the help of robust assessment tools and criteria.
Identify and Assess PE Standards
This book helps teachers recognize proficiency while learning core PE standards and simultaneously assess students. It also helps teachers create lesson plans that incorporate PE standards into every class. Reproducible templates address unique topics, concepts, or skills based on the needs of students. These templates provide the framework needed to teach effectively, with room to modify and alter lessons.
Reinforce and Enhance Learning
Because each student’s learning style is different, this toolkit is designed to support all angles of knowledge retention. Teachers will find strategies for the 4 major learning styles: visual, auditory, read-write, and kinesthetic. Introduce activities such as journal writing, skills testing and tracking, open discussion, and more to engage students.
This 288-page book includes a CD-ROM to help reinforce printed content within the guide.
- Part I. Assessments and Ideas for Implementation
- Chapter 1. Using This Resource
- Chapter 2. Checkout: Daily Self-Assessment System
- Chapter 3. Setting Goals and Reflecting on Performance
- Chapter 4. On the Move With Motor Skills
- Chapter 5. Concept Connection
- Chapter 6. Focus on Fitness
- Chapter 7. Make Time to Strategize
- Chapter 8. Decorate With Content
- Chapter 9. Clipboard Closure and Processing Partners
- Part II. Model Units and Ideas on Backward Design
- Chapter 10. Force It
- Chapter 11. Fly Birdie Fly!
- Chapter 12. Planning on Fitness