Buy high-quality indoor climbing walls from Gopher Sport!
The traversing experience helps climbers build muscle and stimulates the brain as they determine which hold to grab next during PE classes. Painted climbing walls for kids are made of durable plywood panels for long-lasting use. Smooth top edges and textured surfaces offer students safe sensory input as they traverse. Neoprene-covered walls with foam-backed covers offer younger or adapted students extra safety during traverse climbing. Walls are available in 2 heights for elementary students or middle school and up.
Looking for a one-stop climbing wall solution? Gopher offers compete packages in neoprene-covered and painted walls in 2 height options. Climbing holds, rules signs, a curriculum guide, and more make these wall packages the perfect fit for schools.
What Do I Need to Know About Traverse Climbing?
Traverse climbing is a safer type of climbing challenge; no ropes or harnesses required!
Climbing addresses national physical education goals by building:
- Physical Skills
- Cognitive Skills
- Decision making
- Problem solving
What makes traverse climbing unique?
- Climbers advance across a wall horizontally, never more than two or three feet from the floor. Hand/foot holds of different shapes and sizes create changeable routes and challenges for all ages and skill levels. The activity is continuous as climbers traverse from one end of the wall to the other.
Which climbing wall is right for me?
- Surface Options
- Painted: Traditional design features texture for enhanced traction and durability
- Neoprene: Padded and softer for enhanced safety
- Dimensional Features: Add variety and challenge to any wall
- A typical traverse wall is 8’ to 10’ in height and usually 20’ to 40’ in width. Use the guidelines below when determining wall height and width.
|Wall Dimensions ||Age Groups ||Number of Climbers At Once |
|8'H ||Elementary ||- |
|10'H ||Middle/High School ||- |
|20'W ||- ||5-6 |
|40'W ||- ||10-12 |
Shop Gopher's traverse climbing walls and promote strength-building and creativity in your class.