This award-winning wellness curriculum program uses PE lessons, classroom activities and discussions, recess, before- and after-school activities, and family nights to promote physical activity and active lifestyles for elementary-age students. Use this program to meet local and state requirements, including CDC, USDA, and SHAPE America National Standards for Physical Education.
The pack was developed by nationally and internationally recognized leaders Charles B. Corbin, Guy le Masurier, Dolly Lambdin, and Meg Greiner. It is field tested and based on the most current research and standards regarding health-related fitness, activity, wellness, and nutrition.
Using the pack allows teachers to easily meet all standards for fitness and nutrition and easily implement important wellness concepts in your curriculum. All lessons are easily to follow and proven to enhance academic performance.
Each pack includes everything needed to coordinate and implement a nutrition, physical activity, and wellness program. Materials include:
- 4 full weeks of theme-based lessons featuring videos, activities, and music
- 7 classroom guides featuring 140 lesson plans and activities for grades K-6
- A physical education lesson plan book packed with activities and 32 lessons
- More than 16 hours of video content, including 140 physical activity routines (28 core routines with special wellness messages for each school day) and 4 school wide team activities.
- A complete wellness coordinator’s guide with assessment tools and resources for school wide special events
- A music CD to accompany the physical education lesson plans
- Hundreds of full-color reproducible, including signs, newsletters, and activity cards