The simple mechanic of adding an inclined plane to exercise and activity can open up a world of possibilities! Use 1 of 5 to support skill development, accommodate different student capabilities, or just for fun during gymnastics class!
Great for Skill Building
Perfect for beginner gymnasts when learning basic tumbling and balancing skills, you can help your students become familiar with everything from rolling to handstands with these simple wedges. Wedges provide momentum and offer direction for tumbling bodies, to help students focus on control and technique as the wedge does the rest. Over time this will help budding gymnasts build strength, confidence, and a refined understanding of tumbling dynamics.
For recovering athletes or students with physical limitations, wedges are also a premier physical therapy tool. A single can help in positioning students with limited range of motion or postural impairments for treatment and other activities.
- Blue and red wedges are comprised of a 21 oz coated nylon cover, which is extremely thick and durable against the intent of institutional use. Weighing 10, 12, 30, and 40 lb based on size, each is also resilient enough to act as a standalone piece of equipment without succumbing to constant use and abuse.
- The folding wedge is constructed of 13 oz vinyl, which boasts an ideal marriage between durability and flexibility. This is conducive to its design, which folds over itself for easy storage and transport, as well as use in other activities requiring a square base.
Both options have a dense urethane foam core to support the weight and activities of students atop them. Both will also wipe clean with a mild detergent and will not absorb water or sweat, helping to sustain their integrity over time.
Our 4 regular wedge options are identical in construction, with their only difference being in size and weight. The 2 smallest are the same height and width, with different lengths of 36” and 48”. Shorter length equates to steeper incline. The 2 larger sizes have the same length and height, however one is wider than the other (36” vs. 48”), which could accommodate up to 2 younger students at once.
The folding wedge is the same size as the 48”L smaller wedge, however it offers the ability to fold into a perfect 24” x 24” x 16”H box, which can double as a base or plyo box for additional activities.
Wedges are available in 4 sizes, or in a folding design. Truck Delivery on the 72" wedges
- 36”L x 24”W x 2”-12”H, Red, 10 lb
- 48”L x 24”W x 2”-12”H, Blue, 12 lb
- 72”L x 36”W x 2”-16”H, Blue, 30 lb
- 72”L x 48”W x 2”-16”H, Blue, 40 lb
- Folding Wedge. Two-section incline folds to 24” x 24” x 16”H block; Velcro® fasteners. 13 oz vinyl cover. 48”L x 24”W x 2”-14”H.
- Orange and White, 25 lb