Browse softballs for sale at Gopher Sport and find the best option for your team and PE class!
Whether instructing beginners or advanced players, teachers and coaches need the best game-ready and training softballs that stand up to every hit.
For fast pitch players, Gopher offers the best brands of fast pitch softballs that equip players with accuracy, power, and control for top-level performance. Full-hardness slow pitch softballs boost hits for amazing distance and advanced grip for pitchers. Foam balls and flexible plastic balls are great for training or non-intimidating use by elementary students and introductory players gaining fundamental skills.
Browse our softball ball collection, designed for superior performance and durability.
Which softball is right for me?
Soft Practice Softballs:
- Ball Covers: Synthetic-leather provides the most realistic feel, nylon is friendlier and water-resistant, rubber provides the most lively action and superior durability, and leather provides the best grip.
- Core: Sponge rubber and cloth provide slightly less bounce and are more forgiving, fiber and kapok are the least lively for hitting drills, and foam is the lightest and most friendly.
- "Soft" Softballs: Plastic and foam construction is softer and less intimidating than official balls. Use during indoor practice at any skill level.
- Ball Covers: Leather offers the best grip, durability, and shape-retention. Synthetic-leather absorbs less water and is more stain-resistant.
- Core: Polyurethane is more lively, cork has the best performance.
- CDR (Coefficient of Restitution): Refers to the percentage of energy a ball retains. The higher the CDR rating the livelier action and bounce (ranges from 40-52).
- COMP (Compression): Represents the amount of pounds-per-square-inch required to compress the core 1/4”. The higher the rating the harder the ball and the father it will travel.